Saturday 8 September 2012

Simply Stampin Sketch Week

Good morning!

I can't believe it's been a who;e week since I lasted posted, that has just flown by!!! Thank you for all the messages I had last week about my baby news, it's so exciting to finally share it with everyone!

So onto this weeks challenge, which is a sketch


I am trying to use up some of my DSP stash before everything retires, I don't know about you but I buy all the new DSP each year, stroke it for months not wanting to use too much of it up then find myself using it like mad in September, please tell me I'm not alone in this DSP fetish, next year I will have to use it up all year instead of saving it, I still have paper from the previous years that I didn't want to use all of!

Anyway getting back to this weeks card, I had an idea to make a sort of envelope pocket out of the Top Note now I'm sure many other people have probably already done this but I was quite proud of myself with how this baby turned out.

Here's my card

I decided not to add the greeting to the bottom corner of my card instead I've hidden it inside the top note pocket!


You can really see the whole Top note shape when it's opened out like this, Hope you like my card and that maybe I've inspired you to give the challenge a go this week! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Happy Stampin'

4 comments:

Victoria said...

ooooo very clever! Love how you've made this!

Jacqueline said...

Great card Kelly -love the pocket - Jacqueline xx

Sian Ridley said...

I love your little hidden sentiment :) that pocket is so cute, might have to try that idea :)

Ruth M said...

Oooh Kelly, what a fab idea to use the Top Note like that! Love that you hid the sentiment inside too - very sweet touch. A wonderful card!
Ruth x