Monday 17 September 2012

Christmas Shopping!

Good morning,

I'm trying to get a few Christmas cards done a week so that I'm not panicking at the last minute like every other year so I thought what better place to start than the 52CCT?! the challenge for this week is Gifts of the Season. I had an idea to make little gift bags, you know what you buy things in those big dept stores and they wrap them all nicely in brightly coloured tissue paper so they look all fancy? well that's how I wanted my gift bags to look, and I think I've managed it.


I started the card with a white base and added a small Cherry Cobbler layer followed by another White layer, I stamped my greeting in Cherry Cobbler from the Contempo Christmas set, for the gift bags I used some of the brand new Candlelight Christmas DSP, I pierced holes near the top and threaded Linen thread through for the handles and added some of the gorgeous Cherry  Cobbler Tulle ribbon to get the fancy tissue paper effect I was after.

I hope you like them, I'm quite pleased with how they turned out, xx

14 comments:

Lynne Fahey said...

Oh wow, I adore these Kelly.. I think I may have to CASE this if that's okay?
Luv Lynne
xxx

Sara I. said...

So cute and clever!!! LOVE the little tissue paper effect with the tulle - brilliant! xx

Louise van Vuren said...

Those little gift bags are just gorgeous! You are right, they turned out perfect, especially for our challenge this week at 52 CCT. Thanks for sharing!

Louise xx

Mynn xx said...

LOVE!!! What a fabulous idea--tulle for tissue paper! LOVE your patterned paper bags! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Jacqueline said...

Love your card Kelly - makes a wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Ruth M said...

Well, hello there - so lovely to see you playing along at 52{C}CT - and I hope we see you joining in more often with cards as fab as this!

What a great idea Kelly, I adore your posh gift bags with the thead handles - very special!

Aha, so you have Candlelight DSP and Cherry Cobbler tulle - do I see a hanging ornament in your future?!

Bye for now hun, Ruth x

Patty Gorka said...

Gift bags! What a creative idea! Thank you for playing along this week at 52CCT!

Danielle Vincent said...

Gift bags with tissue - how very clever and perfect for our challenge at 52CCT this week!! I'm going to have to try that. Thanks so much for playing along.

Betty Benton said...

Absolutely adorable! Your gift bags turned out perfectly and are certainly worthy of a top honor!!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Love this card - so creative x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Terstamper said...

That's adorable! Mmm I need a quick Birthday card, I will use your idea. Thanks.

Ter ;)Canada

Sian Ridley said...

What a fabulous idea! They look just like fancy little gift bags - so simple yet so effective! I can't believe how many of your posts I've missed! Sorry! :( I'm back now though :)

Carol said...

Such a clever idea! Just love your card.

Jackiekg said...

Lovely card and love the gift bags. Great idea for birthday cards too!