Thursday 15 March 2012

Paper Piecing with Love Letters

Hiya!!

Well this  is the last of the cards I made the weekend before last, however I do have another stack of cards to share with you from last weekend, including a couple of men's cards, shock horror!!

This final card again uses some retired DSP, called Love Letter, I have mixed this with the beautiful rose from the Happiness Shared stamp set.


I always love the combo of red, black and cream, so these papers were always dear to me, and I had a little left over from last year, so I thought why not?!
For the rose I stamped the image onto the Vanilla CS, then again onto the Love Letter DSP and some Old Olive DSP, cut out the sections and glued them to the Vanilla piece, this is a really great way of adding colour, I left some of the sections uncoloured as I didn't want to over do it. Have you tried this technique before? If not give it a go, it's so easy!

See you again soon, and don't forget there's still time to enter yourself for the Simply Stampin Design Team call! xx

2 comments:

Aileen said...

Very elegant and pretty. Those papers were gorgeous and I love your paper pieced rose. x

Ruth M said...

What a special card Kelly - beautiful! Black red and cream is such a rich, striking combo and you've done a fab job with it!
Ruth x