Sunday 26 February 2012

Colour Blocking

Good afternoon,

I have had a busy morning finishing off a few projects that I had started earlier in the week but hadn't gotten round to finishing. Earlier this week I was checking out challenge blogs that I like and Hand Stamped Sentiments had technique that I had never heard of before called colour blocking, now I hope I have this right, I masked of areas with post-it notes and using my spritzing tool I added colour blocks. Masking each one off before I did the next so I didn't get a brown mess where they overlapped. I used Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, and Lucky Limeade.


I wanted to use a large sentiment over my colour blocks, so I pulled out an old retired set called Happy Everything, I wanted to add a bit a glitz so I went round the edges of the coloured blocks with a glitter pen, before stamping and punching out a cupcake, from the create a cupcake set. If you look closely you should be able to see it sparkling in the sunshine.

See you again soon I hope! xx

6 comments:

Ruth M said...

Love this Kelly, fab colour combo and I love your layout! I've not done colour blocking so I may have to give it a try. Hmmmmm, wonder if applying ink to acrylic blocks would work?
Ruth x

Just a Thought... said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE card!!! I love your choice of colors and then added that little cupcake!!! Very cute!!! Thank you for participating with HSS this week!!! Amy L.

Krista said...

Wow, girl, that's a lot of spritzing!! Love it!! What a great take on the color blocking technique...definitely making it yours!! Great job! Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Genny said...

Congratulations Kelly!

You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design this week! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog. The post announcing the winners will go live on Tuesday, February 28, 2:00 AM.
Please email me to obtain the htmls code for your badge.

Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

Come play again!


HSS Design Team





Genny
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bada-Bing Creations said...

So simple but so fun and cheery! I love this! The colors are great and your blocks are fun and bright! Thanks for playing at HSS!

Aileen said...

Love your colour blocking. So bright cheerful and modern. x