Sunday 4 September 2011

Colour Q 100

Good afternoon,

Last week I was looking for colour challenges and found Colour Q, they are celebrating their 100th challenge, I was a little sad that I have only just found them but excited at the same time because the challenge is to combined a sketch with any of the past colour challenges I have written down some of my favourites and will try to get at least one more card done for this challenge because I had so much fun looking through the past colour combo's.

Here's the sketch they have posted to follow

and I finally decided on the colour combo #88


I knew exactly which stamp set I wanted to use, when the retiring list went live, I sat down to go through my catalogue and mark all the items that were retiring, I became more and more sad as I realised that 12 of the sets in my collection are leaving so I decided that I would have to use them. This set Sense Of Time is one of my favourites, its great for masculine cards and retirement cards I have even made a card just using the sentiment as the focal point because they are so beautiful.


If you click on the image you should be able to see the details more clearly, I have used a piece of the Newsprint DSP form the main section, it had lines printed on it like a note pad, I have turned the DSP so that the lines are vertical and stamped over them, in Soft Suede and Early Espresso, I then scrunched up the paper flattened it back out and swiped my ink pad over the top for the distressed look. This should qualify my card for the challenge over at Our Creative Corner, which is stamping onto patterned paper. I also got my spritzing tool out for the clock face and cogs, and added final dimension with some linen thread.

Don't forget if you want to get your hands on this set, it's only available until the end of the month or while stocks last!

Pop back later to see another card I'm working on, xx

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Kelly! I love the color combo you chose and what you did with it. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ for our 100th challenge.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Kelly! So glad you found us at CQC & I hope you will play again:)

Sharon Wheet said...

What a wonderful sketch and color combo you selected. That 'time' set is one of my favorites. love the added stitching, it helps 'hold' the card together.
thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

Sian Ridley said...

Oooh, I really like the stitching and the distressing-I've not tried that distressing before, it looks good!! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

Lovely card, Kelly! Your distressing is great and the extra gears up on top are a nice touch. Lots of great texture here. Thanks so much for playing along at Our Creative Corner this week!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Beautiful card, you did such a great job with the colors, Kelly! Thank you so much for playing along with the colourQ's 100th challenge!