Wednesday 28 September 2011

Calypso Coral Cupcakes

Good morning,

After a horrible day at work yesterday and a walk-a-bout cat I was so glad that I had booked today off as holiday a while back. Not only is the weather lovely, but I'm planning to spend the day crafting and possibly watch the king's speech later, just what I need!

I'm hoping that this won't be my only card I get completed today, I have been looking at the finale Viva sketch I still had to complete to enter the months competition for some time, but nothing was coming to me. So while I was looking at some challenges this weeks Color Throwdown combo jumped out at me, it contains 3 in-colours 2 of them brand new ones available to you from Saturday!

I wasn't sure that Poppy Parade and Calypso Coral would go together but actually I think they are a great match, they layer together perfectly. I didn't want to go too over the top with the Chocolate Chip so I just stuck to stamping and inking edges with it. I have added Dazzling diamond glitter to the cupcake frosting, a girl can't have a cupcake without glitter. This card is for my niece Beth, whose birthday is early next month, so I have added a monogram to the tag which I rubbed over with Champagne mist shimmer paint, looks lovely IRL.

Here's the sketch the Viva La Verve sketch that I was working from, as you can see I have swapped that flower element for you a bow tied with Poppy Parade ribbon.

Why not give it ago yourself, xx

3 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Hi Kelly, the linky icon is on the bottom of the CTD post...you should have no problem adding your card. It's just lovely and the sketch you chose is great! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Very cute card! I love the different patterns you used!

OK, we've had mass-confusion on the CTD blog today... after the Linky Tool not showing up, then we had the wrong one posted and thumbnails weren't showing up! LOL (The blind leading the blind, maybe?) Can I trouble you to link your card ONE MORE TIME? I promise, it's the last time you'll need to!) :)

Thanks for joining us this week!

Broni said...

What a great combination of the colors and the sketch! Love the cupcakes! Thanks for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown!