Saturday 14 May 2011

Top 3, and a new sketch

Good Afternoon,

This week at Simply Stampin' is sketch week. I needed to make my step dad's birthday card for Monday so I thought I'd use this weeks sketch to make it. I have distressed some Newsprint DSP teamed up with the colour Bravo Burgundy, I thought is I wanted to use the retired set Studio Sketches for his card that the burgundy colour would go great with the wine stamp that I wanted to use.


I know we all think that you can't use ribbon on a masculine card, but I think as long as you don't go the whole hog and add a bow, and remember to use masculine colours its fine, so I've used (also retired) Basic grey taffeta ribbon.

I am also very excited that I've got top three for my last weeks card, I've been joining in with the challenge blog every week since it started, and I'm ecstatic that I've made top three for a challenge! Check out the banner in my side bar.

So here is my card


I hope that he and the girlie's over at the challenge like it. I'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave me a comment.

Enjoy the weekend
xx

6 comments:

cardsandacuppa said...

Another brilliant entry, and your top 3 last week was well deserved, so glad blogger is back up and running tho,
Where are you in Hanmpshire too btw? Perhaps we could get together for coffee one day? ;-)
Thanks for joining in with the challenge again
Hugs xx

Linda said...

That backing paper is fab! Pefect for a man's card! I love the colour scheme too!
Linda

Ruth M said...

Lovely masculine card Kelly, great colour combo and the grey ribbon is perfect!

kelly d said...

Fabulous work Kelly as always love that paper ! We should get together for a challenge !

Sharon said...

This is a fantastic card - I find masculine cards so hard but this it lovely. Thanks for taking part in this week's challenge...x

Unknown said...

Kelly your card is perfect, love the newsprint papers - perfect for a male card. Thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. xx