Saturday 14 May 2011

Less is More, really not sure!

Hello again,

Yes that's right two posts in one day. Saturday for me is challenge day, and Less is More is always a challenge. This week the challenge is a one layer card that features embossing, either heat or dry. As I went down the dry embossing route last week I thought I would go with heat embossing for a change this week.

I decided to frame my card blank using the Elegance wheel and wheel guide, its really great for mitred corners, and of course getting a straight line!
I then heat embossing my sentiment in the centre, which is Elegant Thank you, I know that a one layer card should use only minimal embellishments so rather than add ribbon and a giant bow, (which I was really tempted to do!) I added glitter to the border, not sure if this picture really shows it that well?, and four rhinestones, one to each inner corner.


I'm really not sure at all about this card, but I'm sure that the queen bee's of LIM and the trusty LIMette's will let me down gently.

See you tomorrow

27 comments:

Sarn said...

Well I think it's very elegant.

Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

Deborah Frings said...

Well, I think it's gorgeous. Very elegant and I think you've done the border beautifully. I love the simple sentiment. I'm not sure about the gems, I might have gone without!! Nonetheless, it is a beautiful card.

Suze Bain said...

Wow, that is a fab frame you've created. I probably would have left off the rhinestones but it's a beautiful card. xx

Anonymous said...

I think this is lovely Kelly and would look just as beautiful without the rhinestones. xx

Zoechaos said...

Very stylish smart card. XOXO Zoe

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

This is lovely Kelly! I love added touch of the glitter on the border - you can see it better in the enlarged photo. Sarah x

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty and you have aligned the border brilliantly!
If you wanted to add little bling, you could have put a couple of gems within the twiddles on the flourishes or either side of the sentiment, but to pop them in the corners might seem a trifle staid.
Notwithstanding, it's a great card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Tara Cardwell said...

I like the gems but it would work just as well without. its very elegant.

Dori said...

What a pretty border you have made, it's a lovely card.

Mandi said...

Lovely card Kelly
The think with this kind of design it has to be perfect and yours is id say. Seems perfectly central. there seems a slight lighter pressure on one side, but maybe thats the photo.
The gems, for me serve no purpose [sorry] Id have put one or 2 under or side by side of the thank you, if anything

Seafield Jo said...

It's a very elegant card Kelly. Jo

Kathyk said...

Lovely classic card and well done on your splendid alignment

Kathyk

Ruth M said...

This is GORGEOUS Kelly, really elegant and classy! Love the bling on the corners!

Ang C said...

A gorgeous card

Hazel said...

It's lovely. You've really got the border done beautifully. Hazel x

StampingStace said...

This card is stunning! love the use of the border ;o)
Stacex

G Peplow said...

Love it, it's gorgeous:0) xxx

Lynne said...

Beautiful elegant card.
Lynne xxx

Liz McGuire, said...

I think it's lovely, very elegant,

Liz x

Sally H said...

Wow! I think it's stunning! I never know what to do with gems- doesn't stop me buying them though!

Susan said...

Kelly, that border is fabulous! Awesome card!

Chris said...

Very stylish I love it.. Chris xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a very beautiful creation!

Jaqi said...

Fantastic stamping, Kelly. You card is lovely.

Diana said...

What an elegant card! I love the borders!

Dolly Daydreams said...

A beautifully elegant card with perfect embossing both wet and dry.

Marie

Aileen said...

Well done on your mitred frame, that's not easy. The thank you in the middle is perfect. x